Thursday, June 30, 2011

Dear Doctor Butthole,

I met with a prospective pediatrician yesterday, and was not happy with what I learned... I left that appointment in tears from frustration. She insinuated that, because I was delaying the Hepatitis B vaccine and refusing the vitamin K shot altogether, I must not care about my baby suffering brain damage or contracting a disease and dying because of what I chose for her. Needless to say, I will not be using her for my daughter.

I have an appointment with my OB tomorrow. He has been mostly supportive of what I have asked for as far as Birthing Preferences. When it came to the shots, however, he simply gave me the run-around, saying, "Well, that happens immediately; every baby gets them; it's just routine". No, it won't happen immediately, THIS baby will not get them, and I guess I will have to take extensive measures to snap you out of your routine even if only for ONE birth. Thank GOD I have a Doula who's got my back and a very informed, don't-f*ck-with-me mom, both of whom will support me and make sure my wishes are followed.

I plan on including below the research I am taking with me to my OB appointment in the morning. When I had mentioned to him last week about how I wanted to delay Hep B and didn't want vitamin K at all for her based on some research I had done, he said something along the lines of, "Yeah, you consulted Dr. Google". What the ****??? No. She's not getting them. She doesn't need them. So, no thanks... And, here, read this when you're on the toilet next if you're interested in what Dr. Google had to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment