Friday, July 1, 2011

36 Weeks & 3 Day Ultrasound

It's kind of sad, because I know this will be the last ultrasound I'll see of her (and possibly the last ultrasound I'll ever have). Today is July 1st, and in around thirty days, give or take a few, Keeli will be here in my arms!!!

My appointment was with my OB's nurse practitioner. She was thrown for a little bit of a loop, I believe, when I told her I'd rather she didn't "check" me. She asked three different times throughout the rest of my appointment "Why not?", and I just shrugged her off every time. "Oh, there are various reasons...", and the like. She also wanted to tell me how things are going to go for the rest of my pregnancy and once I come to the hospital, and I just politely nodded, while thinking to myself, "How will you know? You're not even going to be there!" She also said something along the lines of how it's important for them to check me so they will know when to "expect" me to go into labor, and I declined, once again, and told her my baby will let me know when she's ready. So annoying.

In better news- This baby girl has a TON of hair!!! I have included below a picture of it, and it's pretty obvious if you know what to look for. It is all over her little head, and the US tech said she hadn't seen a baby with that much hair in a while. She is also head down (vertex) and facing my back (anterior). She is preparing for launch! That was the news I went to my appointment today wanting to hear; I was so afraid she had flipped back to breech, even though she has been head down since about my 28th week or so. All those cat and cow stretches and time spent on my birthing ball, I like to think, encouraged her to stay in that position. I get more and more excited every day, and the days turn into weeks so quickly here recently. I can't wait to meet her!

No comments:

Post a Comment