Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Last Minute "Gotta-Do-RIGHT-NOWs"

I logged into my BabyFit account today to enter in the last few things I had eaten and my exercises for the day before heading downstairs to unwind for the night. I went to my home page, where I typically watch the counter for my "due date". It read, "Only 19 more days to go!" I knew "the time" was drawing nearer and nearer, but it didn't hit me until today... and I feel like I still have SO MUCH to do.

This may seem a little obsessive, but I don't care. I am writing this blog entry to physically map-out my plan for the rest of this week so that I (hopefully) will get these things done. By Sunday, I will have somewhere around 13 days left until Keeli's arrival. Here's what I have left to do so far (and I could technically do it all in one day if I so chose, but that's highly unlikely):

  • Call the remaining pediatricians on my list and .pdf directory to set up additional consultations, since I obviously had far different views from the first one I interviewed.
  • Set up an appointment for proper infant seat installation inspection at BabiesRUs. (I used to work there!)
  • Call the child care centers on my list around Ooltewah to set up interviews/pay retainer deposit for when I return to school in January (though I am considering staying at home with her the entire first year) Forget this part entirely, as I am going to stay home with her until next fall when she will be a year old.
  • After phone calls, I need to pick up the two parcels I have waiting on me at the Post Office. This will get done first, more than likely, even if it doesn't make sense route-wise to do so; it's a big shipment of more cloth diapers!!! :)
  • Buy the items on the list I made (complete with pictures, haha) on the blue laptop. Shop The Dollar Tree first for smaller items, then Target (with $50 gift card), then Wal-Mart if absolutely necessary.
  • Force Dad to let me have a clothesline so that I can buy that, have it installed, and feel "ready" for diaper duty. He keeps dodging me on this.
  • Fill-out, address, apply postage to and mail my Thank You cards for those who attended my baby shower/sent gifts in the mail. There are tons of them. I keep putting it off but if I don't do them before she gets here, I know I will never get them done.
  • Add new items from shopping to hospital bags for when it's "time".
  • Condense number of hospital bags if I can. Right now there are a total of 7 in various sizes, and I also have to take my birthing ball and pillows. The only problem I can foresee with downsizing is that everything I'm packing, I will probably need. DOWNSIZED, but still have all the essentials.
  • Wash pocket diapers. I am trying to wait on all of them to arrive first so that I can do one big wash, but who knows when they'll all be here. I am currently waiting on twenty more, fifteen of which I believe are in the shipment mentioned above that I will be picking up tomorrow.
  • Finish sewing newborn AIO's and a few more newborn fitteds.

Now that I'm seeing all of this in writing, I think it makes it seem a little more manageable. It at least gives me something to refer to.

Nevermind; it seems like a lot still. Jeez. I better get in bed so I can wake up before 10am tomorrow. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment