Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Beautiful Pregnancy

Today was my maternity photo shoot and, needless to say, I was not excited about having my picture taken. I sometimes feel like a whale, especially when there are cameras around. I used to want the "perfect body", but I had no idea how hot I actually was until I got pregnant. Don't get me wrong, though; I love my pregnant body. I hope that after Keeli is born, I will proudly wear my new stretchmarks as badges of honor, but that isn't to say I will be showing them off. I felt really self-conscious in front of the camera today, but after seeing a few of the shots before editing, I am happy to say that I think I do make quite an attractive pregnant woman.

After my photo shoot, I went to my childhood friend's bridal shower. I saw a few girls I had grown up with for the first time in ages, babies in their arms. They all cooed over my pregnant belly and told me I looked great. For the first time since I ballooned into a walking baby-factory, I believed them.

I haven't had any complaints and have been blessed enough to have an uneventful, healthy pregnancy. I (typically) eat only whole, natural foods and I exercise daily. I have cute maternity clothing and can still wear some of the shirts I wore before I got pregnant, although they are more form-fitting now... jeans are another story, haha.

I suppose I am getting somewhat emotional about this because I know that in around four weeks, it will be over. I can already tell I am going to miss being pregnant, as much as I am dying to meet Keeli and have her in my arms. I have promised myself to enjoy every little movement, every little nudge or kick, every little hiccup until she is born (and I will even gladly cooperate with my sciatica). Being pregnant has been the best experience of my entire life to date, and I thank my God for blessing me with this wonderful journey that many women are denied.

No comments:

Post a Comment